Your appointment is an important meeting that can be most effective if you plan ahead.
The following information may help you feel more relaxed and comfortable during your visit, as well as prepare for your discussion with our medical team. For preparations related to specific exams and procedures, please refer to the page of that service on our website.
What To Bring
- Photo ID
- Current insurance card
- Acceptable form of payment (see Payment section below)
- List of concerns
- List your concerns about your condition (pain, loss of mobility or function, etc.) and any questions you may have.
- List of changes
- Medical records
- Assemble your medical records to bring to your appointment. Examples include records from other physicians, results and copies of X-rays, and any other imaging studies and lab tests
- Medical history
- On the list also your include medical history, such as prior treatments for illnesses, injuries or operations, even those not related to your current condition.
- Bring a written lists of medications, herbs, vitamin supplements and over-the-counter medications you are taking.
How To Dress
Avoid wearing tight or constrictive clothing to your appointment. If possible, wear gym shorts (by themselves, or under your pants or dress) or loose fitting clothing instead. You’ll probably be more comfortable, and it will be easier for the doctor to examine you. Examination gowns are available.